Sunday, July 4, 2010

Newbiee!

Nah, this is my first time using Photoshop CS5 (after abandoned it 7 years ago). LOL!. Im not kidding. If I am not mistaken I used CS3 last time. I realized that all my photoshop skills gone already. So, for the sake of mastering this subject and getting an A for Digital Media 1 and also fulfilling my hobby in editing pictures, I must start practicing and polishing my skills back. Here we go.


This is the raw picture I took with my girlfriend in Putrajaya during sunset.

I feel that there is something missing inside this picture. So, I want to edit several areas on this picture to make it more attractive. If u look at the picture above, I select the bright area on water and also on the sky. I think I can increase the densify of the sunset effect by triggering this area. Basically I used magic wand tools and quick selection tools to make that selection. Then I make some adjustment on 'Hue/Saturation' tool in order to increase the density of sunset effect. Picture below is the result I got.




Then I want to make some adjustment on the building structure. I want to make the building structure more darker so I can the shadow effect on that area perfectly. Using the same tools used on above step.






Then I make some adjustment on on the figures of both of us to make it more brighter than it is. By triggering the 'linear dodge' tool inside layer I got this result





And this is the final picture I got after editing the picture

No comments:

Post a Comment